In today’s article, we are about to find out the most flattering street style ideas on how to wear wrap dresses this year. Wrap dress was first designed by Elsa Schiaparelli in the 1930s, and Claire McCardell in the 1940s (who called her version the “popover”), the silhouette hit peak popularity in the mid-to-late ’70s, when Diane von Furstenberg introduced a knee-length, printed jersey version as something flattering, but also sexually liberating. Designers are still showing amazing variations of the wrap dress.
If you think of wrap dresses as being a bit old-fashioned, then stick around, because you’re in for a good surprise. Universally flattering, these dresses are both comfortable and adjustable, which means they’ll fit just right. And if that wasn’t tempting enough, cool-girl brands have managed to completely reinvent the style thanks to frill detailing, pretty prints, and cool fabrics like crisp linen, making designs feel new and exciting. Read on to see how your favorite street style stars have been wearing their own wrap dresses.
How To Wear Wrap Dresses
- Wear it with strappy heels for the perfect date night look
- Or with trainers for a brunch with the girls
- Keep the colours simple, but have a play with cutouts
- Give it a sexy spin with a low-cut neckline
- Dress it down with flats and a crossbody bag
- Belt it
- Wear it kimono style
- Go for a bold and beautiful print
- Don’t be afraid of colour clashing
- Wear it with dad sneakers and let the colours peep through a sheer coat
- Wear it over palazzo trousers
- Dress it up with a blazer
- Turn it into the perfect wedding guest outfit with pretty heels
- Wear a t-shirt underneath so you can loosen it up a bit
Hey! This is Caro Arciniegas. I love fashion and I love writing. Stay tuned for daily updates on our website with all the new trends coming out and great reviews!