Now it’s time to talk about wide-leg pants and how should you wear them. This spring, super wide-leg pants rule supreme; otherwise known as palazzos, the ultra-voluminous pantaloons are swishing and swooshing their way into magazine pages and onto street style blogs everywhere. Even better news: they’re pretty much flattering on everyone. They’re comfortable, they’re fun to wear, and they highlight and minimize the female form in pretty much all the right places. Whether a sleek pair in solid black or a wildly playful pair in a vivid print–it’s hard to go wrong with these guys.
When we first think of wide-leg pants, the ’70s, hippies and beachy style come to mind, but for the past few seasons, this flattering and fun trend has made a major comeback for everyday, an evening out and even work-wear fashion. Even so, it can be intimidating to opt for a pant with extra fabric and size. After all, who wants to make their legs look wider? However, wide-leg pants actually lengthen legs and accentuate the waistline.
There are a few fashion rules you must follow in order to rock this trend right. Here, I’m giving you top tips and tricks, as well as stylish options to add to your wardrobe. Take on the season in style with these wide-leg pants!
- Purchase a pair in a neutral color like grey, black, white, cream, camel, olive or navy: If you’re feeling the need to tread lightly, go for a neutral shades. We especially love the navy option for a more professional look.
- Consider a pair of wide-leg jeans: Not only are they comfortable, but flattering and fashion-forward.
- Tuck in your top or find a way to accentuate your waistline when wearing wide-leg pants. Simply said, it’s all about balance. You must create a flattering silhouette while making sure you’re not drowning in fabric, and a tucked-in top, tight or loose, will do just that.
- Consider one color head to toe.
- An easy way to make wide-leg pants look polished and elegant is by opting for a monochromatic look. Work-appropriate pants, a unique belt and gorgeous go-to pumps for the ultimate monochromatic look.
- Buy a cropped style, and try a jumpsuit!
- We’re sure you’ve seen this trend everywhere. Cropped jeans, pants and jumpsuits are all the rage this season and although this trend may feel intimidating, it is so flattering and beyond comfortable.
- White is a pair of wide-leg pants’ best friend.
- All you need is to add fabulous accessories with a contrasting white blouse.
- Printed Wide Le Pants: You simply can’t look or act overly serious in a palazzo pant; so why not have even more fun with it and buy a pair in a vivid print?
Wide Leg Trousers Still On Trend For Fall-Winter
Wide leg trousers are still in fashion, that’s why I have decided to make a review of my favorite models. There are slouchy styles, flattering looks, relaxed fit, tailored and pleated versions. It’s true to be said, that wide pants are the silhouette of the summer. However, thanks to modern designers, we have chance to see relaxed elegance trend in winter time. This look ranges from the conservative to the extreme. Keep in mind that this bottom can be quite tricky to pull off, that’s why my personal advice to you is avoiding extra volume looks, as well as shapeless versions worn high on the waist. If you wear slouchy and cocoon top, then you might get the look of a shapeless box.
There is no rule regarding the cuffed wide-legs, that’s why it’s okay to try them on. Everything depends on your personal taste and style.
See more Wide Leg Pants & Trousers outfits
Hey! This is Caro Arciniegas. I love fashion and I love writing. Stay tuned for daily updates on our website with all the new trends coming out and great reviews!